The creation of cooperation networks at the local community-level, where collaboration and reciprocity between the involved stakeholders will be accomplished, will play a pivotal role first in ensuring a smooth integration process, attaining the long-term impact of the actions undertaken.
Specifically, the LION project will meet the following operational objectives:
- Develop the preconditions for mutual understanding and trust and form the basis for shared responsibilities through the implementation of a series of workshops and trainings;
- Build common activities of TCNs and members of local community in order to strengthen active participation of TCNs into aspects of local society and, therefore, to increase positive attitudes;
- Establish participatory culture of dialogue between TCNs and local community via the establishment of a physical platform which will be composed by the following core thematic:
- Promoting integration through healthcare
- Promoting integration through meeting migrants’ social care needs
- Fostering migrants’ participation in formal education
- Employment as a prerequisite for integration
- Promoting integration through intercultural coexistence
- Human Rights & Legal aspects of migration
Overall, the project is expected to produce multipliers from the aforementioned target groups, which will engage the latter into a social dialogue on issues of equality and non-discrimination enabling interaction.
This website was funded by the European Union’s Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.
“The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.”